Recently I’ve been obsessed, simply obsessed with my new watercolour paints. I made some new watercolour swing tags, creating birthday cards & wrapping paper, and the other week I even painted rope! This project is one of my favourites, and it is also SUPER EASY! These will also be available at Dagmar Rousett and also on my online store.
- A sewing machine with a zig zag stitch
- Thread (The same colour as your rope – optional)
- Rope (approx. 10 meters or 11 yards)
1. Decorate your rope, I use acrylic and water colour paint. (this step is optional)
2. Take your decorated rope and coil it into a small circle.
3. Place your coil into under your needle and slowly start to zig zag stitch the rope together
4. Stitch the base together until its the desired size. I recommend 14 cm
5. Lift the base up onto a right angle and continue to sew
6. Keeping the bowl on this angle, continue to sew
7. When you come to the end of your rope, loop it off to finish. And you’re done!